About Woodlands Adventure (The Birmingham Boys & Girls Union)
The Birmingham Boys & Girls Union was set up in 1906, making it one of Birmingham’s oldest children’s charities. Its centre, Woodlands Adventure & Outdoor Learning, is open to all children, but also offers disabled children, and children from disadvantaged backgrounds, the chance to experience what it has to offer – where many would usually go without.
To help Woodlands increase its bookings at weekends and outside of term time.
For Woodlands Adventure, visits for company outings, birthdays, social groups and from organisations such as Scouts and Guides are a key revenue stream, allowing them to fund their charitable work.
We saw that an overhaul of their website and branding would be the best first steps to take in helping them to attract these target audiences and generate bookings. These works needed to result in a message that was professional, yet communicated the fun and educational values that define Woodlands Adventure.
- Review existing website and marketing materials to identify areas for improvement
- Establish an in-depth understanding of the full operations of the client – including on-site visits and several meetings to liaise with management and staff
- Conduct keyword analysis – identify key search phrases to drive site design, structure and web copy
- Design a user-friendly, responsive design website
- Draft website content – driven by SEO – to accurately represent the client’s offering and complement the client’s sales process
- Produce comprehensive manual to enable Woodlands staff to keep their new website up-to-date
The website was immensely well received by the client. The content and image rich pages allow Woodlands to project the customer experience to those visiting the site. The SEO strategy for the site has driven up the level of traffic hitting the site, with many relevant, new site visitors from Woodlands’ target audiences. Furthermore, Woodlands has seen an increase in the number of enquiries the website generates, fulfilling the project’s objective of increasing the centre’s revenue.
“On behalf of the Trustees of the Birmingham Boys & Girls Union and all the management and staff at Woodlands, I would like to thank you very much for all the support that has resulted in the fabulous new website. It is a key part of our marketing and operational strategy going forward and provides a much improved image for Woodlands and all its activities.”
Jonathan Cox, Chairman, Birmingham Boys & Girls Union