BAM Properties is the property development arm of BAM Construct UK, a major construction and property services company which also undertakes design, construction, facilities management and public private partnerships.
BAM Properties instructed Carousel Marketing to deliver regular direct marketing campaigns for a range of properties including:
- Prestigious new-build office development in the Midlands – FORE Solihull – 170,000 sq ft of brand new, BREEAM ‘Excellent’ rated, headquarters-style office buildings
- 930 Aztec West development in Bristol – 30,000 sq ft of prime office space
- Washington House, Lydiard Fields in Swindon – 27,000 sq ft of prime office space
For these we were asked to research and build a bespoke direct marketing database of both the local catchment and, for Fore, a unique bisecting-quadrant model to identify companies that may be interested in consolidating satellite locations into the properties.
Subsequently, we were required to deliver ongoing regular postal mailings, email campaigns and lead-generating telephone follow-up research.
- Understand the property, the space proposition and target market in terms of occupier size, business type and decision making unit
- Design the database specification to incorporate an inner territory targeting local office-based companies meeting the specification, as well as an outer territory of multi-sited operations
- Source external data meeting the specification and combine it with our own unique in-house database of property decision-makers to create the master database
- Telephone-validate all companies and contacts within the database to ensure up-to-date information and identify the decision makers and their contact details
- Design letter and feedback form for brochure mailings
- Design a series of emails to follow the postal mailings
- Track potential interest in the form of recipients interacting with the emails and clicking through to the property’s website
- Comprehensive telephone follow-up with decision makers who click through – to establish their interest in the property, their current property and lease break or lease expiry situation, and generate potential leads
- Telephone follow-up research amongst specific target occupiers within the database, establishing any interest in the property and crucial information on their current lease
We have generated a significant number of leads for BAM Properties over the projects we have been instructed on. These leads are the result of thorough telephone follow-up work, and were delivered to the client with details on the occupier’s current property and lease situation.
Most notably, we were responsible for obtaining the lead that led to the letting of the whole 930 Aztec West. NVidia took all 30,000 sq ft of the property on a 10-year lease – the company and the full details of their requirement were identified as part of our follow up work on the 930 Aztec West project.
“We work with Carousel because they actually research and build a database specific to a commercial property and provide a professional end-to-end service for sending out and following up the campaign – which clearly delivers results.”
Martin Hill, Development Director, BAM Properties